Review: Ghostface Killer by M. Never

Ghostface Killer by M. Never

Standalone
Publication Date: March 27th 2017
Genres: Dark Romance, Suspense, Erotica
Length: 260 pages
Once, I was nothing.
Hungry, abandoned, wandering, and alone. An adolescent street rat fighting for crumbs.
Then a chance encounter changed my entire world.
A man in an expensive suit asked me how much my life was worth.
I didn't have an answer, because I didn't know.
He asked if I thought it was worth killing for.
Impulsively, I said yes...
He found me, then fostered me, and in the interim turned me into a killing machine. A modern day La Femme Nikita.
Now, I only have one mission. To avenge the death of the man who saved me.
There's an invisible war on the streets. Us against them. Family against family. Power against power.
They call me Ghostface Killer because they never see me coming.
I understand the weight of that danger.
The hazard.
The jeopardy.
Because now here I stand, three months pregnant with the barrel of a gun pressed to my head cause I never saw him coming...

GFK is a romantic suspense with dark elements. Reader discretion is advised.


MY REVIEW


After the previous decent experience from M. Never other book, Moto which didn't work for me, I'm gonna say the word... just WOW! I wasn't sure about this book before but I was wrong. It's a story about a girl with horrible childhood turns into a machine killer. Yup, a hit-woman. I rarely found a heroine as a killer. This is really interesting story.

I’m going to ask you once more. And you get only one reply. One reply that can change your entire situation. Your entire life,” he emphasizes. “How much is your life worth? Is it worth enough to kill for?”

Stevie was nothing before a man took and trained her to be a hit-woman, known as Ghostface Killer. But he's not a good man and neither she is. Beside killing, Stevie loves to fuck. The harder, the better. She used to paid fuck buddy for no emotional attachment. However, her latest mission turns into unexpected surprise. Benjamin 'Baz' Sabatino supposed to be her next target. Instead, she became too comfortable with him and everything changes.

I've never a big fans of female lead. But Stevie really grab my attention. She has horrible childhood with abuse and sexual harassment without parents. Stevie became something else in order to survive. A quick and deadly killer with 100% success rate. Definitely bad-ass. I really admired her strength and determination.

Stevie couldn't control her feelings towards Baz because in her defense, he isn't like others. Baz is too-good-to-be-true kind of a guy. I wasn't expected him to be that nice and sweet. But I really enjoyed their sexy times at some point. They didn't waste time to fuck like bunnies. However, it became too much that made me roll eyes.

Don’t hold back,” I tell him between frenzied kisses. “I like it hard. I like it rough. I like it dirty.”
Baz pauses to look at me. A depraved gleam burning in his eyes. “Good. Cause that’s the only way I know how to fuck.” He picks me up and urges me onto my hands and knees. I buzz with desire, anxious for him to touch me, to use me, to fuck me.

But their togetherness didn't last long when Baz discovered Stevie's motive. She went back like a wounded dog but still determined to found the reason about Baz. Another surprise came when they 'accidentally' met again but not in good terms. When Stevie found out the real Baz, I was surprised. It seems the family she works for has secrets and he's one of them.

Since Baz, Stevie changed so much. Her woman instinct kicks in. Baz gave her something she never felt before. He gives her hope, future and love. It was amazing moment for both of them. Two scarred souls with dark past. Also there are more surprises happened. Really unpredictable yet a bit dramatic. Overall, I really enjoyed it. Well-written along with amazing characters. A great read about a hit-woman who has happy ending with crime prince. Still, I'm pretty satisfied and liked it.

“All my fears and all my pain given a purpose. You shot me through the heart the first night I met you. And you have been dragging me around helplessly by the arrow ever since... I’m your kill, Stevie, and you are my quiet.”

No comments :

Post a Comment