Review: The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid

The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid

Series: Rugby #1
Publication Date: February 2nd, 2015
Genres: Sports Romance, Rom-Coms
Length: 338 pages
New York’s Finest
Blogging as *The Socialmedialite*
April 22
LADIES AND GENTS! I have an announcement!
You know that guy I featured on my blog a few months ago? The really, really hot Irish rugby player who plays the position of ‘hooker’ in the RLI (Rugby League International)? The one with the anger management issues, the body of a gladiator and the face of a movie star? The one with the questionable fashion choices leading me to ask whether he was the lovechild of a leprechaun and a hobbit? Ronan Fitzpatrick? Yeah, that guy.

Well, I have a confession to make…

THE HERMIT
Annie Catrel, social media expert extraordinaire at Davidson & Croft Media and clandestine celebrity blogger, can make anyone shine in the court of public opinion. She is the Socialmedialite, anonymous creator of New York’s Finest and the internet’s darling. Virtual reality is Annie’s forte, but actual reality? Not so much.

THE HOOKER
Ronan Fitzpatrick, aka the best hooker the world of rugby has seen in decades, despises the media—social or otherwise. The press has spun a web of lies depicting him as rugby’s wild and reckless bad boy. Suspended from his team, Ronan has come to Manhattan to escape the drama, lay low, fly under the radar. Only, Ronan isn’t easy to overlook, and he can’t escape the notice of the Socialmedialite…

THE PLAN
When Ronan is sent to Davidson & Croft Media to reshape his public image, he never expects to cross paths with shy but beautiful Annie, nor does he expect his fierce attraction to her. He couldn’t be happier when her boss suggests pairing them together.

What lengths will Annie take to keep her virtual identity concealed? And what happens when the hooker discovers who the hermit really is?


MY REVIEW

The first time I saw the title, I was like... What? Hooker? Yeah, I read this book because recommendation from a friend. This is my first read from LH Cosway and Penny Reid and I'm impressed because this story is just like me. This my second re-read and I still loved it!


Annie Catrel is an anti-social and super introvert about her life. She barely hang out and don't have close friends. Annie's life depends on her other persona's blog, The Socialmedialite. Of course, no one knows it's her. It's very different from the real Annie. The Socialmedialite is refreshing with sarcastic humor. The opposite of Annie who is socially awkward and lack of confidence. She's trying so hard to avoid people if it isn't for business.

Her meeting with Ronan was super awkward because of her last blog post and she obviously didn't know him as a professional rugby player. Somehow she felt guilty about it but still get along with the image plan for Ronan. Despite from the negativity around Annie, she's sweet, dedicated and very caring person. She didn't deny her attraction towards Ronan, but she kept it to herself because of her anxiety. It was totally a fate that Ronan and Annie finally met and work together. Ronan didn't expect to take interest with this nerd girl, but somehow Annie is different and Ronan never give up to pursue her further.

“Dearest Annie,
Roses are red. Violets are blue. I’m using my hand But I’m thinking of you.
- Ronan

P.S. Just to clarify, I’m using my hand to write this note…get your mind out of the gutter.”

Ronan Fitzpatrick is a professional rugby player with position as a Hooker. He has problem with his scary and stern images, Davidson & Croft Media is the right place to fix it. Ronan didn't know anything about it or rather didn't care, but hey, this is all about business. He dedicated his life only for Rugby and his family. Yeah, Ronan is a family man and cared for his mother and sister. Annie is a coincidence that he never think of. She's the opposite of him and very submissive. When Annie pushed him away, he didn't back up and he keep pushing until she 'gave up'. Ronan know Annie is timid but that makes him want to know more about her.

Both of them are quite reserved before they talk about each other feelings. Ronan decided to pursue Annie in many ways and it was very romantic. His 'stalking' tendency somehow didn't feel creepy for me. However, I know how is Annie's feels about Ronan. He interfered her personal space until both of them couldn't breathe. They're so HOT for each other. Their adorable banter felt so real; not over-exaggerating. This whole new experience for Annie, of course made her suffocated, but Ronan always beside her and treat her patiently.

You’re so wet for me, Annie. You want me to fuck you, don’t you? You want my big cock inside you. You want me to surround you and fill you up.” He removed his fingers and his toy, and I cried out, my sex clenching with no purchase.
“Yes, please, Mr. Fitzpatrick.”
“Then you’ll be mine. Say you’re mine, Annie.”.

I loved Ronan for sure. He's the best BBF and (almost)perfect for me. Beside his hotness, he's a dominant in BDSM way. Except Ronan didn't want the label; he loves the control in bedroom. He's so kinky and such a dirty talker! To be with Ronan, it means Annie has to get out her safe box and face the reality. Again, she's very much like me. The question is... when will I meet my own Ronan? LMAO. The Hooker and the Hermit was one of my best read! Amazing story about polar opposite characters and their hide-and-seek relationship. Definitely recommended!

I had all the power, and she had nothing. I could do anything to her, and she was simply there to enjoy the ride. A willing, submitting participant in this game for two. This was the dynamic I’d craved my whole life, but I had never found a partner as perfect as my dear, sweet, gorgeous little hermit.

No comments :

Post a Comment