Review: Vicious by L.J. Shen

Vicious by L.J. Shen

Series: Sinners of Saint #1
Publication Date: December 27th, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Length: 328 pages
Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares.
He is a brilliant lawyer.
A skilled criminal.
A beautiful liar.
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist.
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom.
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down.
She paid the price.
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate.
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t.
So she hates me. Big fucking deal.
She better get used to me.


MY REVIEW
Vicious wasn’t only in my life without my permission. He was in my veins. Always close by, like a shadow, haunting me without really touching me every time he was close enough to grab me by the throat.

Another most anticipated book this month! After read Defy from Hot for Teacher anthology, I really need all the HOTHOLES and luckily, Vicious is the first. Fuck yeah! For all the hype for this book, it was really worth it!!!

Living her new life in New York, Emilia LeBlanc leave all the bad things happened, include Vicious. One of the HOTHOLES in her teenage. Bottom line, the biggest asshole who makes her life complicated. Ten years later, they met again. Still arrogant as ever, Vicious offer a job that she couldn't refuse. Despite his hidden agenda, the old flame sparks again. Hotter than the last time.


Emilia came from average family who works for one of the richest family in Todos Santos. Now, she lives to survive. I'm amazed with her survivability despite all the bad luck. She's really tough, strong-willed and independent. She loves art and dare to be different. Her life isn't exactly a rainbow but she sucked it up. See? Bad-ass. But her weakness only with him.


As one the most powerful family, Vicious aka Baron Spencer Jr. born with money. He could has everything, except Emilia. She's his disaster. She didn't afraid of him and the Hotholes. I was a bit pessimist about Vicious, at first. His high-and-mighty attitude irritated me. Really an ass for teenage. Ten years later, with the same attitude but more brooding, I know he's just a wounded man with too much baggage in his shoulder. A lonely rich brat who needs attention and love.

I wanted Emilia.
I wanted to kiss her whenever I felt like it.
I wanted to mark her in a million different ways.

From Vicious's family drama to their hate-love relationship, it was really crazy. How complex his life. How Vicious is still in love Emilia. Also how many times he was in denial. Again and again. So many things he did to keep her. All the misunderstanding. It was all bad shit but worth it. In the end, Vicious redeemed himself. Their banter was really sexy and delicious. I'm freaking in love with him! Emilia changed him into a better man, but still a hothole.

Emilia didn't forgive him easily after everything he did. Moreover how Vicious tried to get her back made me swoon. They're really made for each other. Finally! Thumbs up! However, it was almost perfect except the sex. Yeah... Their chemistry was incredible. Even their foreplay was really on fire and ready to explode anytime, but the sex was decent. Just happened... twice? *cringe*. I was hoping to see more raw emotion even dirty things he will do to her. It was all too tame (maybe because it isn't erotica?), except the office scene. They became a lovey-dovey couple. Still, I didn't regret Vicious at all. He's still amazing.

L.J. Shen brilliantly brings this bad boy to his knees. It was well-written and intoxicating. Definitely my top read. Who is next? Trent or Dean? I'm kinda hoping for Dean, because he's the least bad guys beside Jamie from Defy but more man-whore. Curious about his future partner.

“You feel like redemption. And do you know what that’s like?”
“No. Tell me.”
“It’s perfection, like you.”
“I love you.”

No comments :

Post a Comment