Review: Misbehaved by Charleigh Rose

Misbehaved by Charleigh Rose

Standalone
Publication Date: April 26th, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Length: 240 pages
New from Best-selling author Charleigh Rose

Remington Stringer has never been like most girls. She’s outspoken, brazen and wants nothing more than to escape the Nevadan hell hole that she calls home.

On the brink of eighteen, with a deceased mother and a well-meaning, yet absent father, she is forced to fend for herself. The only person she’s ever had to depend on is her borderline obsessive stepbrother, Ryan. But, what used to be her anchor is quickly becoming a loose cannon.

When Remi gets the opportunity to attend the best private school in the state during her senior year of high school, she jumps at the chance. Then she meets Mr. James. Ornery, aloof, and totally irresistible.

Most girls would swoon in secrecy.

Most girls would doodle his name with hearts in their notebook.

But Remi Stringer has never been like most girls.


MY REVIEW

My first read from Charleigh Rose and it didn't meet my expectation. I'm totally in love with the cover. Student/teacher is one of my kryptonite because of the forbidden element. However, I tried to control the urge to DNF this with rolling my eyes too much.

Remington Stringer aka Remi is just an ordinary girl with normal childhood. She's not a homeless or having abusive family. Remi lives with her step-brother that she adored him too much. Her school life was pretty decent and didn't interest me. She's a lone wolf but thank god she befriend with someone that pretty interesting for me. Her step-brother is really disturbing with his touchy hands. Well, no father in the house, so... go figure. His douchy attitude already raised my red flag.

Mr. Pierce James is a teacher in Remi's elite school. His first thought about her is she's a woman enough not to be a student. Huh... Moving on, Mr. James has hidden agendas but he's suddenly intrigued with Remi's life also his douche step-brother. Remi keeps haunting his imagination and he couldn't see straight.

She’s an innocent wrapped in a body made up of every sin I’ve ever wanted to commit. A good girl with bad intentions. Remington isn’t thinking about the consequences of her actions. I’m the adult—it’s my job to do the responsible thing.

Both main character isn't memorable for me. Nothing's special. Of course, they're suddenly in lust. She wants him and he wants her. TADAA! But the sex isn't happened that moment. They're keeping in circle with slow-burn flirty acts. Mr. James acts like her knight in shinning armor to save Remi from the evil step-brother.

... then my instincts, my body, my whole being, is screaming at me to take her.
I want to mark her.
I want to fuck her.
I want to do things that I cannot justify.

Apparently, Mr. James wants to get revenge and everything started to get cliche. He's in love with Remi but conflicted to tell her the truth. It angered her. Additional to the drama, her father is a total shit. Why? Just read it. Overall, it was nicely written but didn't wow me enough. Just a decent story. The lesson from this story is, people changed even your dear one.

No comments :

Post a Comment