Review: Notice by K. Webster

Notice by K. Webster

Standalone
Publication Date: June 6th, 2017
Genres: Dark, Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Length: 232 pages
I didn’t notice her before…but now I do.
The shiny strands of gold in her silky brown hair.
Tiny crinkles between her eyebrows when she frowns.
Her passion for neatness.

Once I focus on her, I can’t take my eyes from my newest obsession. Ever.
I need to know everything about her.
Her past. Her present.
The way she takes her coffee.
Exactly how she smells after a spritz of perfume in the mornings.

She’s perfect in every way and I was blind.
But, God, now do I see.

I notice the organized way she arranges her clothes in her closet.
How she visits the same market each Saturday.
The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence.

Violet is mine.
She just doesn’t know it yet.

***WARNING***
Notice is a dark and unusual romance. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distress, are found in this story. If you are sensitive to dark themes, then this story is not for you. If you aren't into super obsessive stalkers, then this story is not for you.


MY REVIEW

I've been waiting this because of the freakin' blurb sounds promising. K Webster never ceased to amaze me with her skill to make me-come-to-dark-side. Honestly, the prologue worried me at first. I assumed from the male's POV that he will be the hero of the story then something bad happened to him.

Violet Simmons works her ass off as the assistant for six years. She survived from the worst of her career. However, not even once the boss acknowledge her presence. Not until Violet slapped her resignation on his desk. Grayson Maxwell never once notice the beautiful woman in front of his eyes is his own assistant for years. But this time is different. One look and Grayson vowed to redeem this past years to get to know her because she will be his forever.

I simply liked Violet at first. She's independent and hard working person. However, Violet has been a victim of her abusive ex-boyfriend who did some horrible things to her. She's indeed a survivor but sometimes she easily triggered back to the past. Violet is very organized and careful until her boss, Grayson embedded himself into her life.

My entire life is flawless.
The secrets I have stay neatly contained.
But her secrets, I will uncover. Her secrets are mine. I want them. I fucking crave them.

Grayson has some kind of 'sickness' that need to focus 110% and never realize his surrounding. That's why he missed Violet as his assistant all this time. Also his previous job as a sniper makes him as detail oriented and calculated person. Grayson isn't your usual hero but he's not your bad guy. I said it's about fifty-fifty. Physically, he's your dreamy handsome rich man. But psychologically, what he did to Violet is definitely disturbing. Grayson turns into stalker that slipped into her bed at night and befriends with her in daylight.

Violet is mine and she will continue to be mine. I’ll make her mine in every way that I possibly can.

With baby steps, Grayson's plans to bring Violet close to him finally came to fruition. They're quickly became a couple. Grayson did justice to everyone who has been wronged her. He's really super protective over Violet and she likes it. Although Violet admitted it scared her but somehow it feels calming. And of course, there's a lot of sex involved. I must say that it's pretty intense, crazy and hot yet safe enough.

I’m obsessed with you.
I can’t live without you.
I’d die without you.

You’re mine.
I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you.
Whatever it takes.
Mine.

The story told from 2 POVs between Violet and Grayson. His unhealthy obsession towards her finally revealed. Grayson's family somehow fucked up with the other kind of 'sickness' but they're getting better in the end. See? No one is perfect but somehow, they could be darker than you. After with Grayson, Violet seems kinda loose herself. She became a bit needy and desperate. Even after she found out his 'stalker' actions, Violet kinda forgive him easily.

The ending left me speechless but I wouldn't spoil it for you. Overall, just trust K Webster to give you chills every time she release a new book. Nothing is normal in K Webster's world. Well, it has been 4-5 times in a row I read about stalker or super obsessive man. Have I gone mad? Yet this books couldn't easily to put down and I devoured it until finished.

I can’t spend another day like the past two days away from you.
I need to see you and be with you.
You’re mine, goddammit.

You’ve consumed me.
You own me.
I’m nothing without you.
I love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment