Review: The Prince & The Player by Tia Louise

The Prince & The Player by Tia Louise

Series: Dirty Players #1
Publication Date: May 17th, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Erotica, Suspense
Length: 374 pages
A sexy con artist.
A playboy prince.
A job gone terribly wrong.

Let the games begin...

Runaway Zelda Wilder will do whatever it takes to secure a better life for her and her sister Ava. Crown Prince Rowan Westringham Tate will do whatever it takes to preserve his small country.

"Playboy Prince" MacCallum Lockwood Tate will do whatever it takes to steal Zelda's heart...

When Zee is blackmailed into humiliating the brooding future king, she never expects to be pulled into a web of international intrigue--or to fall for Rowan's naughty younger brother Cal.

Cal is determined to capture the sexy player, but Zelda is in over her head with very dangerous men. Time is running out, and it may be too late for the prince to save this player.

Cinderella meets Ocean's Eleven in this CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE featuring secrets, lies, royal high jinks, scams and double-crosses; breathless, swooning lust, cocky princes, dominant alpha future-kings, and crafty courtiers, who are not always what they seem.


MY REVIEW

My first read from Tia Louise and I was impressed. This is not your average cinderella story. The sisters were orphan yet managed to survive. The princes weren't some rich egoistical bastard instead they're working hard to keep their country under detain by another. I really enjoyed their 'adventure' that managed to keep me on toes.

From thieves to con-artist, Zelda "Zee" Wilder and her sister, Ava went to Monagasco under the threat of someone who despised the royal family. It was supposed to be an easy job. Zee's target was the future king, Rowan Westringham Tate instead she fall for the playboy younger brother, Cal. The plan has changed and the person who behind this started to move and they're not gonna like it.

I was more into Zee than Ava. She didn't want her sister to take this path. Zee always protect Ava and they couldn't easily leave each other. IMO, Zee was more bad-ass and Ava's the tender-heart and loving one. Their trip to Monagasco isn't for vacation; but on a mission to seduce the princes. But Zee got the wrong one.

This prince seriously throws me off my game. I’ve got to remember who I am. I’m Zelda Wilder, professional con woman. This isn’t my first rodeo.

Because of the scandal, Rowan was pushed by the queen to have a bride. But Rowan isn't attracted to any of them except for Ava. The mysterious woman from Texas. I really want to like Rowan but it was really hard. I couldn't find any attraction to Rowan that makes me want him. But I found myself interested in Cal. He's free-spirit and laid back. Cal's interest with Zee was more passionate than Rowan and Ava.

The story told from 2 POV's between the eldest, Zee and Rowan. I enjoyed the Wilder sister's adventure at first, but when they reached Monagasco and started to romance the Princes made me lost interest. The insta-lust was unbelievable. I must say the Princes was kinda stupid. Both Zee and Ava came from Texas by her exiled uncle, yet they believed him? Didn't run background check or something? Hmph. Cal was more intuitive and smarter than Rowan. I couldn't believe Rowan was easily distracted by his dick. I hardly connect with Rowan and Ava. They were so passive and cheesy and insta-love... BOOM! Marriage propose, people...

The story was well-written yet very slow-paced with the romance. Really wasted time but too much sexual activity. They're just horny all the time. However, I found my interest again in the end of their supposed-to-be mission. When every lies unveiled and the truth came, it was more thrilling and exciting. The villain of the story was cold and ruthless. Ended up with heartbreak and cliffhanger, I couldn't wait to read the next book.

Zelda Wilder is no princess. The closest I am is a dirty Cinderella, an orphan on the run, and that’s not the kind of girl for a prince.

No comments :

Post a Comment