Review: Dr. Bad Boy by Ainsley Booth & Sadie Haller

Doctor Bad Boy by Ainsley Booth & Sadie Haller

Series: Frisky Beavers #2
Publication Date: October 18th, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, BDSM, Erotica
Length: 380 pages
Max:
The first time I met Violet Roberts, she gave me her submission for the night. The second time I met her, it was across a boardroom and man, was she pissed.
Now she insists we have a “conflict of interest”. She wants us to “move forward like grown-ups.”
But I can’t forget our single, scorching night together—when what I wanted and how I wanted it wasn’t a problem, because it nailed all her kinky buttons, too.

Violet:
Max Donovan is a dirty, dirty man. Deliciously so. But the former child TV star turned renowned paediatrician and best friend to the prime minister is also my client.
One of us needs to be responsible, and it’s not going to be him.
So why can’t I forget how utterly incredible it was to be at his mercy? And what am I going to do when he takes his pursuit to the next level?

DIAGNOSIS:
* A serious case of a one-night stand gone wrong (but not until after it went very, very right).

PRESCRIPTION:
* Healthy boundaries and a double-dose of will power.
* Should that plan fail, the second course of treatment would be an air-tight contract and a solid cover story.

END NOTE:
* Real doctors and lawyers will likely be appalled at the professional infractions inside this (thankfully fictional) erotic romance. We recommend they start with Prime Minister, the first book in the Frisky Beavers series. By the time they finish Gavin and Ellie’s book, they’ll be so enamoured with Max that they’ll forgive his transgressions in the pursuit of his filthy happily ever after ending.


MY REVIEW

She’s the one person on the planet who has the potential to make me lose control, and that both fascinates and terrifies me.

Oh my gosh... MAX!! Our kinky doctor already became my wet dream since his first appearance in Prime Minister as Gavin's best friend. IMO, Max is way better than Gavin because he's quite a sadist and heavy player. But nothing's too hardcore. Still safe, sane and consensual. And finally, Max met his match.

Violet Roberts just need refreshing. After her divorcee, she has a mind blowing sex with a Dominant. But he turns out an asshole and she must forget him. However, fate has another plan. For months, Max Donovan couldn't function properly until he met her again, as his lawyer. Proposing temporary BDSM relationship to someone was never across his mind. Violet is different and Max deserved second chance.

Both Violet and Max are easily likable. They're hard working person but more fun than Gavin and Elle. Violet wants Max so badly but didn't want to mix with their business. Secretive is the only way and Max approved. They're such a great couple. Complementing each other. I liked it.

BDSM already in Max's life since college. It is an escape from his demanding job. Violet isn't a newbie, but Max brings out another level. Their BDSM relationship was quite tame, though. Of course, Max always push Violet into more. Their great scenes ended up with multiple orgasms. My favorite scene is when they're role-playing as teacher-student. Freaking HOT! I would love to have Max as my Dominant. *Teehee*

I’m totally shameless with Max. “I want to ride more than your fingers,” I say breathlessly. “Give it to me.”
“You’re mouthy tonight.”
“Gonna teach me a lesson, Principal Donovan?”

My only problem, whether the book is taking too long almost bored me in the middle or there isn't enough emotion. Yes, they're in love but how? The story was told from 2 POV's, Violet and Max. I'm swooned with how Max treat Violet like he's afraid to lose her. At the same time, Max couldn't love Violet because his past. He's in denial and it made me frustrated but pity at the same time. Poor Violet is extremely patient with Max because she love him. Finally, Max improve his relationship with Violet and they ended up happily ever after. Overall, it is a solid read for BDSM story. Good mixture of romance and sex with minimal conflict.

Kink not for sex’s sake, but for comfort. Connection.
I’m still going to rail her so hard she screams.
I’m no prince.

No comments :

Post a Comment