Review: Blackwood by Celia Aaron

Blackwood by Celia Aaron

Standalone
Publication Date: November 28th, 2016
Genres: Dark Romance, Erotica, Suspense, Mystery
Length: 258 pages
I dig. It's what I do. I'll literally use a shovel to answer a question. Some answers, though, have been buried too deep for too long. But I'll find those, too. And I know where to dig--the Blackwood Estate on the edge of the Mississippi Delta. Garrett Blackwood is the only thing standing between me and the truth. A broken man--one with desires that dance in the darkest part of my soul--he's either my savior or my enemy. I'll dig until I find all his secrets. Then I'll run so he never finds mine. The only problem? He likes it when I run.

Author's Note: This is a full-length (67k-word) standalone mystery/suspense romance with violence and explicit/intense sex. If you need a trigger warning, then this isn't the book for you.

For a LIMITED TIME, the full-length dark romance novel Counsellor is included at the end of this book.


MY REVIEW

I'm not really a fan of bearded man. The cover didn't do anything for me except the intriguing blurb and everyone seems to like it. Color me curious, this isn't something I've expected. Celia Aaron managed to surprise me :)

To achieve her PhD in archaeology, Elise Vale will do anything to dig in Blackwood Estate. With or without permission from the owner, Garrett Blackwood. Elise also has hidden agenda to uncover the disappearance of her father. Everybody warns her, but she didn't listen.


The story told from Elise's POV. She is stubborn yet very determined girl. Rejected by the owner, she still came back to Blackwood Estate. It isn't an easy place because of the forest also eerie ambiance. But she isn't afraid. However, an accident happened to Elise and Garrett saved her.

Garrett didn't sure how to handle Elise. He saved her, but somehow it was beyond that. I feel Garrett overprotective towards. It seems he develop feelings for Elise from the first time. Finally, Garrett give her permission to explore later. Blackwood Estate is very private also 'haunted'. He is the biggest mystery and center piece in this story.

I will hurt you, Red. Worse than you’ve ever been hurt in your life. I will fuck you like an animal.”

I think the story divided into third parts. First part is about introduction. About Elise, Blackwood Estate, the town people also the mysterious Garrett. Second part is the main course. How Elise and Garrett finally into each other. My favorite part! Garrett really treat her well and admit his feeling for her.

I’ll enjoy your pain. I’ll use you, beat you, and love every tear you shed. I’ll get off on your fear. When you scream in terror, I’ll get harder.”

The lust between them really off-chart. Garrett has unconventional appetite when it came into sex. It scared her at first, but he explained it really well. I almost think he's a werewolf, but again this isn't paranormal romance. LOL! Their sex was really UBER HOT. He's really like a big wolf in hunt mode. I'm glad Elise isn't passive and fully participate. Their chasing games in the forest is totally unforgettable.

“If you said ‘please’, I’d fuck you so hard that you wouldn’t be able to sit down, walk, or breathe for days without thinking of my cock inside you.”

Final part is the answer. As nosy as Elise, she finally found some clues, not only for her father but also the truth of Blackwood. With Garrett's help, she managed to unveiled the mystery. But it isn't only about her father, there are something else revealed in the end.

Overall, it was amazing read. I couldn't put this down because the intriguing premise also well-written. Inspired from Red Riding Hood, the story was full of thrill and suspense also filled with unexpected romance. I hope their relationship would be developed longer because Garret and Elise have interesting chemistry. And of course, more raw and intense kinky sex.

You make me do things that don’t make sense.”
“Like what?”
“Like cooking, like playing doctor without any of the pervy benefits, like cuddling, like not using a condom, or like taking baths with an angel in my arms.”
“Smooth talker.”

No comments :

Post a Comment