Review Defy by L.J. Shen

Defy by L.J. Shen

Series: Sinners of Saint #0.5
Publication Date: January 31st, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Length: 138 pages
Defy is a smutty, insta-love, insta-lust short novella. It is a prequel to Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) and can be read as a complete standalone with a HEA.Now an international bestseller.

My name is Melody Greene, and I have a confession to make.
I slept with my student, a senior in high school.
Multiple times.
I had multiple orgasms.
In multiple positions.
I slept with my student and I enjoyed it.
I slept with my student and I’d do it all over again if I could turn back time.
My name is Melody Greene, and I got kicked out of my position as a teacher and did my walk of shame a la Cersei Lannister from the principal’s office, minutes after said principal threatened to call the cops on me.
My name is Melody Greene, and I did something bad because it made me feel good.
Here is why it was totally worth it.


MY REVIEW

OMG! I couldn't believe it! LJ Shen finally ruined me. I have the most major hangover for this bad boy. A forbidden love story between teacher-student is already mainstream, but I didn't suspect this to be be very addictive and engaging.

Melody Greene works as a teacher in All Saints High where the rich kids with money power. An accident happened and crushed her dream as a ballerina. Now, she hates her job but need to survive. Damn, I love this girl! She has girl power and sassy mouth. Melody doesn't affect with their money. But James Charles Followhill III aka Jaime was an anomaly she didn't expect. Melody avoid him at all cost until the 'blackmail' arrived. She couldn't ignore her lust towards him.

“Oh, Melody, you’re so fucked. Luckily for you, you’re about to get fucked even harder.”

As one of the most powerful in Todos Santos, Jaime could get any woman he wants, but his eyes only for the teacher. Melody doesn't sway with money and power and that what makes Jaime likes her. Jaime also one of The Four Hotholes, but he isn't the baddest. He's more laid-back kind of person. Cool. He cares about Melody and help her a lot. I liked Jaime so much! Even he has bad boy aura, his action swooned me. Romantic much?

Is it true that you will always be mine?”
“It’s a truth. And sometimes, when you piss me off, it’s a dare. But it’s my life, and you’re a part of it. Always and forever.”

A forbidden affair never felt this good. No bullshit, no drama. Sadly, this is only a novella. They're so HOT together with intense chemistry. The dirty talk. The sexy shenanigans. The multiple orgasms. After all the Jaime's confessions, it was very clear he's fallen for her. Melody is really the one for him and he will do anything for her. In the end, Jaime left his parents and the richness to live with Melody. His action louder than words. I really loved this kind of man. Overall, I was satisfied with Jaime's story also the epilogue as bonus. Freakin' excited for the rest of Hotholes.

“Why the anchor?"
"Because sometimes, it's nice to feel like there's someone who can save you.”

No comments :

Post a Comment