Review: Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

Standalone
Publication Date: January 16th, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Length: 215 pages
I hired her to fix my company, to bring Marks Lingerie back to life. I didn't expect her to become my friend. I didn't expect to fall in love with her.

The first rule of business is to never touch your employees. I think there is another rule about not falling for your best friend--a rule against imagining the curves of her body, or the way her breathing would change if I pulled down her panties and unzipped my pants.

Now, I can't wait any longer. I'm tossing out the rules.

Damn the company.
Damn our friendship.
Damn my fears.

WARNING: This standalone is packed with sexual tension, insane chemistry, and enough surprises to keep you glued to its pages. May cause distraction from life and require a change of panties.


MY REVIEW

AT always came up with fresh ideas. I liked her descriptive writing. I also enjoyed office romance which is mainstream enough. Have you read about lingerie company? I had high expectation for the story, but sadly I'm disappointed. 3 stars is the safest rate for this book.

✔ Kate Martins is a workaholic and boring. After she accepted in Marks Lingerie, Kate left her previous company after a decade without promotion. Seriously?! Anyway, she has a fiance who soon to be an ex because they're definitely mismatched from the first. I still didn't understand how they could be a couple and survived. It seems she' really good at faking.

✔ In need to save his company, Trey Marks hired Kate to be the new Creative Director. Everything went smooth and he is starting to like Kate. But Trey who is still in denial keep his hands off her with no date policy between workers. They started to flirt with each other and there's the chemistry.

If my answer had been lingerie, it’d have been a bustier. Deceptive as hell.

✔ The story told from 2 POVs, Kate and Trey. I really enjoyed the lingerie business. Kate is really talented and quickly rebuild the Marks Lingerie and went International. Kate and Trey are quickly became friends. They're so good in business, but unfortunately very shitty in personal relationship.

✔ I kinda liked Trey at first. He seems reliable. He isn't came from rich family but he's really hardworking person. From bottom to top, now he has a company. Anyway, Trey has certain 'kink' and he scared to admit that he's part of swinger club. *cough* He appears to be a dominant in the scene. When he started to feel Kate just more than a friend, he became an asshole.

Tell me Kate. Give me this one fucking thing so I can go home, wrap my hand around my cock, and picture every filthy thing I want to do to you. Do you want to fuck me?”

✔ For fuck's sake, FRIEND-ZONE is the worst form of denial. Those two are really in awkward position. Trey always grope and dirty talk to her in every chance. Kate couldn't say NO because she seems didn't mind. They couldn't flirt and uncomfortable until Kate forced herself to found a new boyfriend. Really?! After the last one?

✔ After years running in same pattern with mundane life and shitty excuses, they're finally have sex. When Trey's ready to open up his dirty secret, Kate was disgusted by it? Ugh... Those two really frustrated me at this moment. They became cheesy couple with lovey dovey shit and... married.

Conclusion? The good grace only from the lingerie itself (+1 star). I hate both Trey and Kate. They're immature and annoying. I thought with lingerie theme, the romance will be light and fun, the truth was far from it. I really wanna like this book but there are so many things didn't work for me although it has potential. It started from slow-burn romance to can-I-kill-someone-please.

No comments :

Post a Comment