ARC Review: The Necromancer's Bride by Brianna Hale

The Necromancer's Bride by Brianna Hale

Standalone
Publication Date: October 20th, 2018
Genres: Dark Fantasy, Romance
Length: 60 pages
When I was a child he brought me back from the brink of death. Since that day I have borne his mark, a black star in the center of my left palm. The villagers say it brands me as evil. I think it means something far worse. It marks me as his.

The disease that nearly killed me has returned to the village and children are dying. I’m the only one who dares to climb the mountain and learn his secrets. In exchange I’m to clean his house and help with his strange experiments, but Meremon wants more. He wants me. And it isn’t long before I discover that his demands are as twisted as his experiments.

Warning: This story is a dark fantasy romance with scenes of non-consent and dubious consent. Additionally, Meremon is a necromancer and enjoys unusual things. Some sex scenes might be strange or creepy for some readers.

As always with Brianna Hale books, no cheating, and a guaranteed happily ever after. THE NECROMANCER’S BRIDE is a novella of 16,000 words.


MY REVIEW



The necromancer has branded me with his kiss, and while my body bears his mark I know it goes deeper than that. My soul bears it, too.

The Necromancer's Bride is a little Halloween treat from Brianna Hale. As novella for quick read. Miss Hale succeeded to capture dark fantasy vibe mixed with weirdly erotic romance. My first impression when I read is how eerie it could take. I'm already in love with the premise.

Necromancer is not a healer but Meremon is their only hope. Rhona's parents desperate to safe her but Meremon mark her and now, the whole village hate her. When the plague came again, Rhona must save her siblings and brave herself once again to meet the necromancer.

Deliciae, you look so lovely when you're flushed. Does it feel good? I wanted to give you present for coming to me."

Meremon is really interesting person. There's not much information about him at first, but Rhona is a curious little thing and Meremon slowly open himself. The chemistry between them come later and I admired Meremon's creativity when involve with sex. He's really one of a kind. Sadly, Rhona didn't really WOW me. She's so innocent and ended up just okay.

The Necromancer's Bride surprisingly like Beauty & the Beast. Darker version, of course. It's not scary or creepy... just the right amount of Meremon and his peculiar things. Oh, man... I wish it was longer :(

Maybe you are half dead, but you make me feel more alive than anyone I've ever known.

No comments :

Post a Comment