Review: Sordid by Nikki Sloane

Sordid by Nikki Sloane

Standalone
Publication Date: May 29th, 2016
Genres: Dark, Erotica
Length: 336 pages
It took me years to find the courage to speak to Luka. He seemed exactly like me. Intelligent. Focused. Serious.

But he’s not the man I imagined.

His reality is cruel and dark. He traps me in his web, his power twisting tighter the more I struggle, until it’s hopeless. I can’t break free.

As he drags me unwillingly into his filthy world, I can’t ignore the terrifying idea circling my mind. What if I belong here with him?

NOTE: This is a dark romance, and intended for mature audiences only.


MY REVIEW

Something is wrong with this book because Amazon banned it. I have read Nikki Sloane's Blindfold Club series and quite enjoyed it. But Sordid offer a new taste outside comfort zone. I didn't really expect much since the author isn't specialize in dark theme.

Addison Drake has a perfect life with great academic to be a surgeon. She's never been a party girl, but when her friend needs help and she has to come. There, she met Luka Markovic, an enigmatic person who is her secret crush for months. Everything happened so fast and Addison must survive Luka's strom.

We were polar opposites. All of my inexperience and shyness was a void he filled with his ultra-confidence, trapping me in his power.

Usually, I enjoy dark romance with disturbing material but this one is different. Addison and Luka was engage in some non-consensual sex. I couldn't understand how can Luka wants to control Addison just because he's afraid she will blackmail him. Luka kidnapped Addison to be disciplined by him. I hardly enjoyed their sex scenes because lack of chemistry between them. Even deep inside Addison still like him, but sometimes his act prove differently.

Perfect little Addison.” His voice mocked disapproval. “Talking to her parents while I’ve got my head between her thighs, licking her sweet pussy.” His thrust caused my eyes to roll back into my head. “Were you worried they’d find out what I’ve done to their good girl?”

Another problem came from the family. It seems Markovic family is a serbian mobster who has shady business. But Luka wants out and have a clean future outside the mob. There is not much info how Luka turns into cruel and sadistic person. He wants to tame Addison and claimed his love for her. He would do anything for her which is unbelievable for me. His redeeming qualities came very late in the end.

Overall, I skipped a lot because everything starts to annoyed me and didn't make any sense. Originally I give 2 stars, but 1 star is a bonus for the author because she's trying to write outside comfort zone. But I'm unimpressed with the story. The dark romance things seems to be forced. Please note this is not BDSM in whatsoever. Contains forced sex, chocking and heavy spanking for you, hardcore fans ;)

Such a good girl. You love how my fingers fit inside you. You’re clenching so tight on them.” Because his mouth was close, it was like his words were inside my head. “Say it. Tell me how much you love it.”
I gasped. “I love it.”
“You love what?”
I undulated my hips to make him move faster. “Your fingers inside me.”

No comments :

Post a Comment