Review: Camouflage by Kate Stewart

Camouflage by Kate Stewart

Series: Predator and Prey #1
Publication Date: June 12th, 2017
Genres: Erotica, Romantic Suspense
Length: 217 pages
I lived my life by two principles: order and excellence.⠀

My moral compass steered me out of the backwoods of Tennessee and towards the woman I was destined to become, but not without gathering a few skeletons along the way.⠀

Eventually, I found success, but my restless, relentless nature still left me feeling unsatisfied.⠀

Then I met a ghost of a man, an enigma.⠀

At first, I was sure Daniello was a figment of my imagination, a beautiful and dangerous apparition with an animalistic hunger. He threatened my control and need for order, and in his absence, I became more haunted by my past.⠀

He wanted me submissive.⠀

I wanted to know him.⠀

But then my ghost met my skeletons⠀

*If you are not a fan of cursing, erotic and extremely explicit sex, cheating, immoral behavior, dysfunction or sexual scenarios that may make you feel uncomfortable this is not the book for you.⠀


MY REVIEW

This was my first Kate Stewart. I was intrigued to read it because smy favorite bloggers gave high ratings also I wanna to try it. Well, she really did leave a good impression on my first read (older version) and this will be my second read.

Taylor Ellison has great career in her late 20s. She frequently visit The Rabbit Hole, a BDSM club near the town. In her last visit, she met a handsome Hispanic man, Daniello. A few weeks later, Taylor meet Daniello di Giovanni again in a party. Daniello disappears again and suddenly came with a proportion. He wants Taylor to submit with no string attached. Their relationship is only pure sex. But, Taylor didn't like that Daniello could disable everything that Taylor tries to protect. Including herself and the skeleton in her closet.

But now, I was just restless. I needed a partner who understood my needs, my body. I'd been settling for far too long.

I liked both characters so far. Taylor and Daniello has some secrets but they're still lusting each other. She describe herself like a phoenix. Rise from the ashes and turns bright. Taylor came from abusive family, left her town and became a successful business woman. She always keep her life in order with certainty. But when Daniello came into her life, she lost control. He's an enigma for her because she doesn't know anything about him.

In my world I ruled, commanded attention, and ran an empire. I controlled all things. In his world, I was his to rule, to control, to command, and I happily handed over the burden.

Daniello is like a ghost. He easily come and go as he pleases without explanation. But with Taylor, his life started to change. He became more aware with Taylor's surrender that she has secrets on her own. Daniello tried to keep distance, but he couldn't forget her. He always come and help her. This is where's the part I didn't understand. Something just feels off because his mysterious persona until the end. He always appears with blood and weapon.

The story told from Taylor's POV. I loved the twist in the end and never expect that one. Flowed nicely with thrill and suspense. I really enjoyed their banter. The sex was insanely HOT. He could be a gentle lover, or a raw animalistic man. And Taylor is a kick-ass heroine who know how to use gun. She isn't weak and doesn't wait for a prince to help her.

Camouflage is a dangerous read. It's about survival of the fittest and Taylor prove that she could survive from all the tragedy happened to her until recently. Who's the predator? Who's the prey? However, I'm a bit conflicted with the ending but quite enjoyed it. I really need to know more about Daniello.

We are two completely different people, Danielllo," I mumbled with a long breath. "I fight hard every day to be legitimate, while you effortlessly remain corrupt."
"And yet we are still a match."
"Made in hell."

No comments :

Post a Comment