Review: Shielding Lily by Alexa Riley

Shielding Lily by Alexa Riley

Standalone
Publication Date: September 11th 2016
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Length: 143 pages (Kindle)
It’s Lily Parker’s first day at a new high school. She’s a senior finishing her last semester, and all she wants to do is graduate and get out of town. Her home life is a secret hell, and she’s trying to find a way out. But everything changes when Ren says hello and sees right through to her truth.

Ren Hendrick’s succeeds at everything he touches, including football. But he’s never been passionate about anything. He’s quiet and keeps to himself, which pisses people off. But he can’t find the desire to care. He’s lived a life without color, until Lily walks in and lights up his world.

Their story is one of sweet young love and finding your forever before you can even dream of what that is. It’s one of protecting what belongs to you and having the courage to follow your heart, no matter your age.

Warning: Call your dentist and schedule an appointment, because you’re going to get nothing but cavities from this sugary book. Ren and Lily start off so innocent, but by the time it’s over, you’re gonna need to hose yourself off. We’re talking two virgins who turn into maniacs. You’re welcome!


MY REVIEW


For fairytales… they are alive and real in your heart.
And maybe your lady business.


I don't remember when the last time I read super sweet romance. Yeah, Alexa Riley promised this book will be like that. Whatever she writes, I always read it. Like it or not. And I'm surprised that I quite enjoyed Shielding Lily.

“I’m gonna kiss you, Lily Parker. Because you’re the sweetest and most beautiful girl I’ve ever met, and if I don’t I might die. But once I do, you’re gonna belong to me.”

Lily Parker has to survive her last year in new school. She recently moved with drunk useless father after her mother's death. Ren Hendricks never been sure about his future before Lily. He has promising education and great family. He's a loner and Lily is the only girl in his mind. They have chemistry and Ren makes sure that Lily will be his forever no matter what.

I found both Lily and Ren were easily likable characters. I know Lily was too 'submissive' for my type and she's cute as a button. But she turns out okay. I liked how Ren protective towards Lily. He also admit that he basically like a puppy following her around. Yeah, so adorable especially when both Lily and Ren were virgin. Hmph.

From cute romantic turns into lusty after their first together. It was really tame and beautiful. The story was good and flowed nicely. Everything was very smooth and enjoyable until the end. This was a reverse than usual Alexa Riley's story. Love and lust. However, there's something missing in their chemistry after high school was too rushed. Their relationship is still going strong in college and continued till marriage. Still beautiful romantic story with a lot of sugar and dream in the end.

“One of these times you aren’t going to be protected.
I’m going to give you all my cum and there will be nothing stopping me from putting my baby in you.
Everyone will know then.
There will be no missing who you belong to.”

No comments :

Post a Comment